July 8, 2017

a little something new for the table


I don’t know what it is,
but when the weekend hits,
I always try to come up with a fun way
to set the breakfast room table.

That's where we eat most of our meals.


And the table becomes a nice focal point when 
we're gathered in the kitchen and family room.

I'm always scouting stores and 
flea markets for tablescaping supplies and 
I was so happy to find these adorable placemats
that are edged with tiny seashells at
Tuvalu Home this week.

They fit in perfectly on the table
and I love how they look with all
the blue and white table accessories. 

They add the perfect coastal quality 
to the table and to the room. 


Bamboo is another great way to add more
 texture and these utensils give the table
a more casual quality.


 I got this bamboo flatware on ebay,
and it’s quite reasonable!

Actually, I found two different sets.
This one's made out of real bamboo and 
the other set is made out of resin. 

I've seen similar faux sets for sale 
at Neiman-Marcus,
and believe it or not,
their price is reasonable too.


Do you have a favorite set of plates,

 mats or napkins that are a favorite go-to
when you set the table?

I think these placemats are mine!
They’re so easy to style.
Check out how they were styled at


What makes this look easy
to maintain is that after we eat,
I just wash the dishes, glasses,
forks and knives, and quickly 
add them back to the table.

By Monday, I'm ready to change things up a bit...


I think the one thing that’ll stay on my table
all summer long is this arrangement of succulents,
and I don’t even have to water them!

Real succulents are easy to grow and take
care of, but these are even easier,
and don’t they look like the real thing?



ciao! fabiana



It all came together like this...

Blue Gingham Napkins: vintage
Blue Glasses: vintage
Clear Glasses:  La Rochère
Striped Blue Runner: Home Goods
 White Plates: Home Goods
Blue and White Bread Plates:
Place Mats: Tuvalu Home
Flatware: vintage from ebay
Faux Succulent Arrangement: Tuvalu Home



💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 



You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.



4 comments:

Sandy Woodley said...

Love your blue and white table.

Catherine said...

I love your table Fabiana! The shell placemats are amazing! I also love the bamboo flatware! Beautiful styling!

Catherine - Smashing Plates

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much, Sandy!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much, Catherine!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...