March 19, 2017

super healthy blueberry muffins


It’s such a treat to wake up to freshly-baked blueberry muffins on a Sunday morning! They make the kitchen smell amazing and they’re the perfect little treat for our morning coffee and tea. 

My favorite organic muffin mix is Cherryvale Farms Blueberry Muffin Mix. All you need to add to this mix is a stick of melted butter, a cup of fresh blueberries, and water. 

It all mixes up in a bowl in less than three minutes and they bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.


You can also substitute coconut oil for the butter which I do occasionally. This time I added the yummy butter, but I used about a half cup of coconut water and a quarter cup of water in the mix for the liquids, just for fun! 


If you know me, then you know I really  like to change things up a bit each time I make them, but my favorite way to add a real nutritional boost is to these muffins is to add a tablespoon or so of Trader Joe’s Super Seed and Ancient Grain Mix. 

It’s filled with super foods like quinoa, flax seed, chia seed and more! We also love adding this mix to cereal, oatmeal and almost anything we bake here at home!

Well, they turned out to be so delicious and soon after these photos were taken, my family had already gobbled them all up! Look at these sweet and juicy blueberries infusing all their goodness into the muffins! 

Next time I think I’ll need to make two batches. 

xo



ciao! fabiana


No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...